Robometricschool. - One again that we can design DC motor driver using H-bridge MOSFET. In here we find term about H-Bridge. H-Bridge is a form of hardware network that serves to move the motor. It is called H-Bridge because the schematic like a bridge that can arrange from MOSFET IRF9540 and IRF540.
Electronic Circuit of DC Motor Driver using MOSFET IRF9540 and IRF540
|Figure 1. DC Motor Driver using H-Bridge MOSFET IRF9540 and IRF540|
According electronic schematic DC Motor Driver using MOSFET IRF9540 and IRF540 like in figure 1 above we know that this schematic using H-Bridge that arrange from two IRF9540 and two IRF540 with input using optocoupler PC123. To know configuration of PC123 you can see figure 2 bellow:
|Figure 2. PC123 configuration|
IRF9540 is MOSFET channel P and IRF540 is MOSFET channel N that be used to control motor to rotate or not rotate. We can control motor rotate with follow:
- Input A = 0 and Input B = 0, motor will not rotate because all MOSFET IRF9540 work and All MOSFET IRF540 not work.
- Input A = 1 and Input B = 0, motor will rotate anti clock wise because all MOSFET IRF9540 Q2 and MOSFET IRF540 Q3 work, other MOSFET not work.
- Input A = 0 and Input B = 1, motor will rotate clock wise because all MOSFET IRF9540 Q1 and MOSFET IRF540 Q4 work, other MOSFET not work.
- Input A = 1 and Input B = 1, motor will not rotate because all MOSFET IRF540 work and All MOSFET IRF9540 not work.
- With this circuit schematic in figure 1, we get good security although we give same logical in input A and input B.
- We can get more power with change all MOSFET series according with current that allowed in MOSFET datasheet.